Wedlocked was a short film created for the Asian American Film Lab's 72 Hour Film Shootout, where we're challenged to write, shoot and edit a 5 minute film based on a given theme -- in under 72 hours.
Wedlocked is a short comedy about friendship, deception, identity and green card marriages.
In this short comedy, a relationship is challenged when the husband, Tyler (Tyler Ham Pong), is questioned about his immigration status in the US. Lest he be deported back to Canada, his wife, Christina (Christina Jun) has to come to the rescue. That would be all well and good if their marriage wasn't a lie. Will the couple's secrets hinder his chances at becoming an American citizen? Ask not what you can do for your wife, ask what your wife can do for you.
- Golden World Award for Story at the World Film Awards 2015
- Official Selection at the Sacramento Asian Pacific Film Festival
- Official Selection at the Sacramento International Film Festival
- Best Short Honorable Mention at the Asians On Film Festival
- Official Selection at the HollyShorts Monthly Screenings
- Official Selection at the California Women's Film Festival
- Official Selection at the Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival